This creamy peppermint white Russian recipe is made using 4 simple ingredients, and is perfect for the holidays! Easy to make, and full of great flavors!
A great variation on a classic, this peppermint white Russian recipe is everything you’re looking for in a winter cocktail!
I just realized that today marks there being LESS than 2 weeks until Christmas day. Oh. Em. Geeeeee. There just aren’t enough hours in the day! Between the two blogs, two kids, and family get togethers, I’m going to be living on a caffeine infusion over the next 13 days or so!
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, yet somehow, it still manages to sneak up on me. I always think I have SO much time, but NOPE! Plus, our daughter’s birthday is on New Years Eve, so we’ve got plenty to keep us busy, and blessed.
Between all the hustle and bustle that I think we all go through, I think there’s one thing we all forget to do. Take some “me” time. Curl up on the couch with a good book for a little while. Sleep in an extra 30 minutes. Draw up a fantastic bubble bath. And my personal favorite, curl up on the couch with your favorite Netflix show, and a big holiday cocktail!
There are so many options here… my personal favorite is my boozy crockpot nutella hot chocolate, because I’m a chocolate freak, but this white Russian recipe is a VERY close second!
Have you had a white Russian before? What I find interesting is that neither the white or black Russian actually comes from Russia, but they’re named that because of the vodka in them. Cool fun fact huh?
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS WHITE RUSSIAN RECIPE:
- Use a quality vodka. Everyone has their favorite, so use that one! This cocktail has limited ingredients, so make sure they’re quality.
- Adjust the peppermint to your tastes. Some people like a lot; some like a little bit. The amount in the recipe is what I would consider a moderate amount.
- Serve over ice if you’d like. If you order a White Russian at a bar, the chances are good that it will be served to you on the rocks. I’m not a fan of ice with cream based drinks, so I left them out here, but if you’d prefer it that way… go for it!
- Go as crazy with the garnishes as you want. I kept it simple here and just garnished the glasses, but you could add a swirl of whipped cream, drizzle of chocolate, sprinkle of candy cane pieces… the sky is the limit.
GET THE LOOK/HELPFUL TOOLS:
- Cocktail Shaker – This is the set I have, and it works beautifully!
- Mason Jar Glasses – These are the mason jar glasses in the photos above… they’re great for all kinds of drinks!
WANT TO TRY THIS WHITE RUSSIAN RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DRINKS OR PARTY BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
CREAMY PEPPERMINT WHITE RUSSIAN
This creamy peppermint white Russian recipe is made using 4 simple ingredients, and is perfect for the holidays! Easy to make, and full of great flavors!Calories 724 kcal Author Amanda
- 1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup vodka (2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (half and half or whole milk can be substituted) (4 oz)
To Garnish Glasses:
- vanilla frosting or melted white chocolate (for rimming the glass)
- holiday sprinkles
- crushed peppermint candies
- Add a handful of ice cubes to a cocktail shaker, then add all drink ingredients (Kahlua, vodka, peppermint extract, cream). Top with lid and shake to chill and combine.
- Pour into glass and serve cold.
To Garnish Glasses:
- Add vanilla frosting or melted white chocolate to a small shallow plate. Add sprinkles and/or crushed peppermint candies to another small shallow plate. Dip the rims of glasses in the frosting/white chocolate, then dip and press into the candy/sprinkles mix.
Recipe makes one 8 oz drink.
Feel free to add more or less peppermint extract and heavy cream. The recipe as written is my favorite ratio, but yours might be different. Taste and adjust if necessary.