If you’re a buffalo chicken wing fan, you have to try this buffalo chicken dip recipe! Pop everything in the slow cooker and bring it to a party!
Classic buffalo chicken wing flavors are made into an easy slow cooker dip. This buffalo chicken dip recipe uses simple ingredients and requires hardly any hands on time… just add things to the slow cooker and let it do the work!
Let’s talk appetizers. Party food is, simply put, the BEST food out there! Probably one of the most quintessential party foods are chicken wings… with buffalo flavor being the most popular. I love a great chicken wing, but sometimes I don’t want all the mess.
At parties, usually we’re all dressed up right? And ladies, we’re probably wearing some kind of makeup… which doesn’t look all that great with bright orange buffalo sauce all down our chins lol.
If you’ve come up with a mess-less way to eat chicken wings, seriously, please let me know!
Most of you have probably had a version of this buffalo chicken dip recipe before… I know I have. At parties, and even on the appetizer menu at many restaurants, it’s quite the popular dip!
Now you can make this restaurant quality dip recipe at home! And it couldn’t be more simple. Just mix it together and turn on the slow cooker!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE:
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened, otherwise you won’t be able to mix it all together.
- For a dip with a slight kick of heat, use the buffalo wing sauce as the recipe states. To make it more mild, use a regular hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot).
- Using a block of cheddar cheese and grating it yourself make it more gooey, but pre-shredded cheese will work as well.
- To double this recipe, double all ingredients, use a 6 quart slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on LOW.
Normally I like to serve this dip with tortilla chips (or the scoop version), but if you’re going for a true authentic buffalo chicken wing flavor, celery or carrot sticks would be a great option.
Obviously this dip is awesome to make for a party (since it’s practically hands-off), but it’s also great to take TO a party! A 3 quart slow cooker is small and portable, and I promise you, the host/hostess will greatly appreciate you bringing this tasty dip!
- 3 quart slow cooker – I have the stainless version of this (which is no longer as cheap as I bought it for), but this is the exact model, just in black instead.
WANT TO TRY THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DRINKS OR PARTY BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
If you're a buffalo chicken wing fan, you have to try this buffalo chicken dip recipe! Pop everything in the slow cooker and bring it to a party!
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is great for this)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- fresh parsley, minced (for garnish)
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, 1/4 cup of the blue cheese crumbles, chicken, buffalo wing sauce and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir to combine well.
Lightly spray a 3 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer mixture to slow cooker and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, green onions and parsley (if using). Serve hot with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
Makes approximately 6 cups.
NEVER MISS A 5 O’CLOCK CHEF RECIPE: